The point in the horizon between the north and west, and equally distant from each; the northwest part or region.
- The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due north and due west, or 45° west of due north.
- An area or region lying in the northwest.
- A historical region of the north-central United States west of the Mississippi River and north of the Missouri River.
- A region of the northwest United States, generally including Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
- To, toward, of, facing, or in the northwest.
- Originating in or coming from the northwest: a northwest wind.
- In, from, or toward the northwest.