The point between the north and east, at an equal distance from each; the northeast part or region.
- The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due north and due east, or 45° east of due north.
- An area or region lying in the northeast.
- A region of the northeast United States, generally including the New England states, New York, and sometimes Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- To, toward, of, facing, or in the northeast.
- Originating in or coming from the northeast: a northeast wind.
- In, from, or toward the northeast.