The act or process of penetrating, piercing, or entering; also, the act of mentally penetrating into, or comprehending, anything difficult.
- The act or process of piercing or penetrating something, especially:
- The act of entering a country or organization so as to establish influence or gain information.
- An attack that penetrates enemy territory or a military front.
- Insertion of the penis into the vagina or anus.
- The power or ability to penetrate.
- The depth reached by a projectile after hitting its target.
- The degree to which a commodity, for example, is sold or recognized in a particular market.
- The extent of influence that one culture or nation has on another.
- The capacity or action of understanding; insight.