The quality of being deep; deepness; perpendicular measurement downward from the surface, or horizontal measurement backward from the front; as, the depth of a river; the depth of a body of troops.
- The condition or quality of being deep.
- The extent, measurement, or dimension downward, backward, or inward: dove to a depth of 30 feet; shelves with enough depth to store the large boxes.
- The measurement or sense of distance from an observation point, such as linear perspective in painting.
- A deep part or place. Often used in the plural: the ocean depths; in the depths of the forest.
- The most profound or intense part or stage: the depth of despair; an experience that touched the depths of tragedy.
- Intensity; force: had not realized the depth of their feelings for one another.
- The severest or worst part: in the depth of an economic depression.
- A low point, level, or degree: Production has fallen to new depths.
- Intellectual complexity or penetration; profundity: a novel of great depth.
- The range of one's understanding or competence: I am out of my depth when it comes to cooking.
- Strength held in reserve, especially a supply of skilled or capable replacements: a team with depth at every position.
- The degree of richness or intensity: depth of color.
- Lowness in pitch.
- Complete detail; thoroughness: the depth of her research; an interview conducted in great depth.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തീവ്രത - Theevratha ;കഴം - Kazham ;ഗാഢത - Gaaddatha | Gaddatha ;താഴ്ച - Thaazhcha | Thazhcha ;അഗാധത - Agaadhatha | Agadhatha ;ആഴം - Aazham | azham ;