Any detached mass of masonry, whether insulated or supporting one side of an arch or lintel, as of a bridge; the piece of wall between two openings.
- A platform extending from a shore over water and supported by piles or pillars, used to secure, protect, and provide access to ships or boats.
- Such a structure used predominantly for entertainment.
- A supporting structure at the junction of connecting spans of a bridge.
- Architecture Any of various vertical supporting structures, especially:
- Architecture A pillar, generally rectangular in cross section, supporting an arch or roof.
- Architecture The portion of a wall between windows, doors, or other openings.
- Architecture A reinforcing structure that projects from a wall; a buttress.