At variance with what is usual or normal; differing in some odd way from what is ordinary; odd; singular; strange; whimsical; as, a queer story or act.
- Deviating from the expected or normal; strange: a queer situation.
- Odd or unconventional, as in behavior; eccentric. See Synonyms at strange.
- Of a questionable nature or character; suspicious.
- Slang Fake; counterfeit.
- Feeling slightly ill; queasy.
- Offensive Slang Homosexual.
- Usage Problem Of or relating to lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, or transgendered people.
- Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual person.
- Usage Problem A lesbian, gay male, bisexual, or transgendered person.
- Slang To ruin or thwart: "might try to queer the Games with anything from troop movements . . . to a bomb attack” ( Newsweek).
- Slang To put (someone) in a bad position.