Something which perplexes or embarrasses; especially, a toy or a problem contrived for testing ingenuity; also, something exhibiting marvelous skill in making.
- To baffle or confuse mentally by presenting or being a difficult problem or matter.
- To clarify or solve (something confusing) by reasoning or study: He puzzled out the significance of the statement.
- To be perplexed.
- To ponder over a problem in an effort to solve or understand it.
- Something, such as a game, toy, or problem, that requires ingenuity and often persistence in solving or assembling.
- Something that baffles or confuses.
- The condition of being perplexed; bewilderment.