A person or thing that shakes, or by means of which something is shaken.
- One that shakes: a shaker of long-held beliefs and traditions.
- One that impels, encourages, or supervises action.
- A container used for shaking: salt and pepper shakers.
- A container used to mix or blend by shaking: a cocktail shaker.
- A member of a Christian sect originating in England in 1747, practicing communal living and observing celibacy.
- Relating to or constituting a style produced by Shakers that is distinctively simple, unornamented, functional, and finely crafted: Shaker furniture.