A character or part, as in a play; a specific kind or manifestation of individual character, whether in real life, or in literary or dramatic representation; an assumed character.
- A living human. Often used in combination: chairperson; spokesperson; salesperson.
- An individual of specified character: a person of importance.
- The composite of characteristics that make up an individual personality; the self.
- The living body of a human: searched the prisoner's person.
- Physique and general appearance.
- Law A human or organization with legal rights and duties.
- Christianity Any of the three separate individualities of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as distinguished from the essence of the Godhead that unites them.
- Grammar Any of three groups of pronoun forms with corresponding verb inflections that distinguish the speaker (first person), the individual addressed (second person), and the individual or thing spoken of (third person).
- Grammar Any of the different forms or inflections expressing these distinctions.
- A character or role, as in a play; a guise: "Well, in her person, I say I will not have you” ( Shakespeare).
- in person In one's physical presence; personally: applied for the job in person.