- The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity.
- The spiritual nature of humans, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, and susceptible to happiness or misery in a future state.
- The disembodied spirit of a dead human.
- A human: "the homes of some nine hundred souls” ( Garrison Keillor).
- The central or integral part; the vital core: "It saddens me that this network ... may lose its soul, which is after all the quest for news” ( Marvin Kalb).
- A person considered as the perfect embodiment of an intangible quality; a personification: I am the very soul of discretion.
- A person's emotional or moral nature: "An actor is ... often a soul which wishes to reveal itself to the world but dare not” ( Alec Guinness).
- A sense of ethnic pride among Black people and especially African Americans, expressed in areas such as language, social customs, religion, and music.
- A strong, deeply felt emotion conveyed by a speaker, a performer, or an artist.
- Soul music.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
റൂഹാ - Roohaa | Rooha ;ആത്മാവ് - Aathmaavu | athmavu ;അന്തഃകരണം - Anthakaranam ;ദേഹി - Dhehi ;ദൈഹ്യം - Dhaihyam ;കന് - Kan ;