Subject to death; destined to die; as, man is mortal.
- Liable or subject to death.
- Of or relating to humankind; human: the mortal limits of understanding.
- Of, relating to, or accompanying death: mortal throes.
- Causing death; fatal: a mortal wound. See Synonyms at fatal.
- Fighting or fought to the death; unrelenting: a mortal enemy; a mortal attack.
- Of great intensity or severity; dire: mortal terror.
- Conceivable: no mortal reason for us to go.
- Used as an intensive: a mortal fool.
- A human.