That which clothes, covers, conceals, or protects; a garment.
- A cloth used to wrap a body for burial; a winding sheet.
- Something that conceals, protects, or screens: under a shroud of fog.
- Nautical One of a set of ropes or wire cables stretched from the masthead to the sides of a vessel to support the mast.
- A similar supporting line for a smokestack or comparable structure.
- One of the ropes connecting the harness and canopy of a parachute.
- To wrap (a corpse) in burial clothing.
- To shut off from sight; screen. See Synonyms at block.
- Archaic To shelter; protect.
- Archaic To take cover; find shelter.