To mention specially; to particularize.
- To pursue a special activity, occupation, or field of study.
- Biology To develop so as to become adapted to a specific function or environment; undergo specialization.
- To concentrate on a particular activity or product: The shop specializes in mountain-climbing gear.
- To make specific mention of; particularize.
- To give a particular character or function to: specialized her field of research.
- Biology To adapt to a particular function or environment; cause to undergo specialization.
- To specify the payee in endorsing (a check).