- A special pursuit, occupation, aptitude, or skill. See Synonyms at forte1.
- A branch of medicine or surgery, such as cardiology or neurosurgery, in which a physician specializes; the field or practice of a specialist.
- A special feature or characteristic; a peculiarity.
- The state or quality of being special or distinctive.
- An item or a product of a distinctive kind or of particular superiority: French pastry is the chef's specialty.
- Law A special contract or agreement, especially a deed kept under seal.