Any one of numerous species of singing birds belonging to Turdus and allied genera. They are noted for the sweetness of their songs.
- Any of numerous migratory songbirds of the family Turdidae, usually having brownish upper plumage and a spotted breast and noted for a clear melodious song.
- Any of various similar or related birds, as a water thrush or thrasher.
- Slang A woman who sings popular songs.
- A contagious disease caused by a fungus, Candida albicans, that occurs most often in infants and children, characterized by small whitish eruptions on the mouth, throat, and tongue, and usually accompanied by fever, colic, and diarrhea.
- An infection of the frog of a horse's foot, characterized by a foul-smelling discharge and often resulting from unhygienic stall conditions.