To become suffused with red in the cheeks, as from a sense of shame, modesty, or confusion; to become red from such cause, as the cheeks or face.
- To become red in the face, especially from modesty, embarrassment, or shame; flush.
- To become red or rosy.
- To feel embarrassed or ashamed: blushed at his own audacity.
- A reddening of the face, especially from modesty, embarrassment, or shame.
- A red or rosy color: the blush of dawn.
- A glance, look, or view: thought the painting genuine at first blush.