Supereminent; surpassing others; as, transcendental being or qualities.
- Philosophy Concerned with the a priori or intuitive basis of knowledge as independent of experience.
- Philosophy Asserting a fundamental irrationality or supernatural element in experience.
- Surpassing all others; superior.
- Beyond common thought or experience; mystical or supernatural.
- Mathematics Of or relating to a real or complex number that is not the root of any polynomial that has positive degree and rational coefficients.