- A religion practiced chiefly in Caribbean countries, especially Haiti, syncretized from Roman Catholic ritual elements and the animism and magic of slaves from West Africa, in which a supreme God rules a large pantheon of local and tutelary deities, deified ancestors, and saints, who communicate with believers in dreams, trances, and ritual possessions. Also called vodoun.
- A charm, fetish, spell, or curse holding magic power for adherents of voodoo.
- A practitioner, priest, or priestess of voodoo.
- Deceptive or delusive nonsense.
- To place under the influence of a spell or curse; bewitch.
- Of or relating to the beliefs or practices of voodoo.
- Based on unrealistic or delusive assumptions: voodoo economics.