A cone of paper which is placed in a vessel of lard or other fat, and used as a taper.
- A woman claiming or popularly believed to possess magical powers and practice sorcery.
- A believer or follower of Wicca; a Wiccan.
- A hag.
- A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing.
- Informal A woman or girl considered bewitching.
- One particularly skilled or competent at one's craft: "A witch of a writer, [she] is capable of developing an intensity that verges on ferocity” ( Peter S. Prescott).
- To work or cast a spell on; bewitch.
- To cause, bring, or effect by witchcraft.
- To use a divining rod to find underground water or minerals; dowse.