- A loud cry of exultation or excitement.
- A shout uttered by a hunter or warrior.
- A hooting cry, as of a bird.
- The paroxysmal gasp characteristic of whooping cough.
- To utter a loud shout or cry. See Synonyms at shout.
- To utter a hooting cry.
- To make the paroxysmal gasp characteristic of whooping cough.
- To utter with a whoop.
- To chase, call, urge on, or drive with a whoop: whooping the cattle down the road.
- whoop it up Slang To have a jolly, noisy celebration.
- whoop it up Slang To express or arouse enthusiasm; cheer: conventioneers whooping it up for their candidate.