Accompanying as a subordinate; aiding in a secondary way; additional; connected as an incident or subordinate to a principal; contributing or contributory; said of persons and things, and, when of persons, usually in a bad sense; as, he was accessory to the riot; accessory sounds in music.
- A subordinate or supplementary item; an adjunct.
- Something nonessential but desirable that contributes to an effect or result. See Synonyms at appendage.
- Law One who incites, aids, or abets a lawbreaker in the commission of a crime but is not present at the time of the crime. Also called accessory before the fact.
- Law One who aids a criminal after the commission of a crime, but was not present at the time of the crime. Also called accessory after the fact.
- Having a secondary, supplementary, or subordinate function.
- Law Serving to aid or abet a lawbreaker, either before or after the commission of the crime, without being present at the time the crime was committed.