An assembly of knights and other substantial men, with a bailiff or justice, in a certain place and at a certain time, for public business.
- A session of a court.
- A decree or edict rendered at such a session.
- An ordinance regulating weights and measures and the weights and prices of articles of consumption.
- The standards so established.
- Law A judicial inquest, the writ by which it is instituted, or the verdict of the jurors.
- One of the periodic court sessions formerly held in each of the counties of England and Wales for the trial of civil or criminal cases.
- The time or place of such sessions.