To join with one, as a friend, companion, partner, or confederate; as, to associate others with us in business, or in an enterprise.
- To join as a partner, ally, or friend.
- To connect or join together; combine.
- To connect in the mind or imagination: "I always somehow associate Chatterton with autumn” ( John Keats).
- To join in or form a league, union, or association. See Synonyms at join.
- To spend time socially; keep company: associates with her coworkers on weekends.
- A person united with another or others in an act, enterprise, or business; a partner or colleague.
- A companion; a comrade.
- One that habitually accompanies or is associated with another; an attendant circumstance.
- A member of an institution or society who is granted only partial status or privileges.
- An associate's degree.
- Joined with another or others and having equal or nearly equal status: an associate editor.
- Having partial status or privileges: an associate member of the club.
- Following or accompanying; concomitant.