To beat with successive blows; to beat repeatedly and with violence, so as to bruise, shatter, or demolish; as, to batter a wall or rampart.
- To hit heavily and repeatedly with violent blows.
- To subject to repeated beatings or physical abuse.
- To damage, as by heavy wear.
- To pound repeatedly with heavy blows.
- Printing A damaged area on the face of type or on a plate.
- Sports The player at bat in baseball and cricket.
- A liquid or semiliquid mixture, as of flour, milk, and eggs, used in cooking.
- To coat in batter: battered the vegetables and then fried them.
- A slope, as of the outer face of a wall, that recedes from bottom to top.
- To construct so as to create an upwardly receding slope.