An oblique direction; a line or direction including from a horizontal line or direction; also, sometimes, an inclination, as of one line or surface to another.
- To diverge from the vertical or horizontal; incline: a roof that slopes. See Synonyms at slant.
- To move on a slant; ascend or descend: sloped down the trail.
- To cause to slope: sloped the path down the bank.
- An inclined line, surface, plane, position, or direction.
- A stretch of ground forming a natural or artificial incline: ski slopes.
- A deviation from the horizontal.
- The amount or degree of such deviation.
- Mathematics The rate at which an ordinate of a point of a line on a coordinate plane changes with respect to a change in the abscissa.
- Mathematics The tangent of the angle of inclination of a line, or the slope of the tangent line for a curve or surface.
- Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a person of East Asian birth or descent.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചായ്വ് - Chaayvu | Chayvu ;ചാച്ചല് - Chaachal | Chachal ;ഒരു ചരിവ് - Oru Charivu ;ചരു - Charu ;നിമ്നീഭവിക്കുക - Nimneebhavikkuka ;ചായ്വ്ചരിഞ്ഞിരിക്കുക - Chaayvcharinjirikkuka | Chayvcharinjirikkuka ;