Firm; solid; fixed; immovable; -- opposed to fluid.
- Continually occurring; persistent.
- Regularly recurring: plagued by constant interruptions.
- Unchanging in nature, value, or extent; invariable. See Synonyms at continual.
- Steadfast in purpose, loyalty, or affection; faithful. See Synonyms at faithful.
- Something that is unchanging or invariable.
- A quantity assumed to have a fixed value in a specified mathematical context.
- An experimental or theoretical condition, factor, or quantity that does not vary or that is regarded as invariant in specified circumstances.