To put together the constituent parts of (something) in their proper place and order; to build; to form; to make; as, to construct an edifice.
- To form by assembling or combining parts; build.
- To create (an argument or a sentence, for example) by systematically arranging ideas or terms.
- Mathematics To draw (a geometric figure) that meets specific requirements.
- Something formed or constructed from parts.
- A concept, model, or schematic idea: a theoretical construct of the atom.
- A concrete image or idea: "[He] began to shift focus from the haunted constructs of terror in his early work” ( Stephen Koch).