The act or method of conducting; guidance; management.
- To direct the course of; manage or control.
- To lead or guide. See Synonyms at accompany.
- Music To lead (an orchestra, for example).
- To serve as a medium for conveying; transmit: Some metals conduct heat.
- To comport (oneself) in a specified way: She conducted herself stoically in her time of grief.
- To act as a conductor.
- To lead.
- The way a person acts, especially from the standpoint of morality and ethics.
- The act of directing or controlling; management.
- Obsolete A guide; an escort.