To press, force, or drive, particularly in filling, or in thrusting one thing into another; to stuff; to crowd; to fill to superfluity; as, to cram anything into a basket; to cram a room with people.
- To force, press, or squeeze into an insufficient space; stuff.
- To fill too tightly.
- To gorge with food.
- To eat quickly and greedily.
- Informal To prepare (students) hastily for an impending examination.
- To gorge oneself with food.
- Informal To study hastily for an impending examination: was up all night cramming for the history midterm.
- A group that has been crammed together; a crush.
- Informal Hasty study for an imminent examination.