- To place securely; make stable or firm: fixed the tent poles in the ground. See Synonyms at fasten.
- To secure to another; attach: fixing the notice to the board with tacks.
- To put into a stable or unalterable form: tried to fix the conversation in her memory.
- To make (a chemical substance) nonvolatile or solid.
- Biology To convert (nitrogen) into stable, biologically assimilable compounds.
- To kill and preserve (a specimen) intact for microscopic study.
- To prevent discoloration of (a photographic image) by washing or coating with a chemical preservative.
- To direct steadily: fixed her eyes on the road ahead.
- To capture or hold: The man with the long beard fixed our attention.
- To set or place definitely; establish: fixed her residence in a coastal village.
- To determine with accuracy; ascertain: fixed the date of the ancient artifacts.
- To agree on; arrange: fix a time to meet.
- To assign; attribute: fixing the blame.
- To correct or set right; adjust: fix a misspelling; fix the out-of-date accounts.
- To restore to proper condition or working order; repair: fix a broken machine.
- Computer Science To convert (data) from floating-point notation to fixed-point notation.
- To make ready; prepare: fixed the room for the guests; fix lunch for the kids; fixed himself a milkshake.
- To spay or castrate (an animal).
- Informal To take revenge upon; get even with.
- To influence the outcome or actions of by improper or unlawful means: fix a prizefight; fix a jury.
- To direct one's efforts or attention; concentrate: We fixed on the immediate goal.
- To become stable or firm; harden: Fresh plaster will fix in a few hours.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. To be on the verge of; to be making preparations for. Used in progressive tenses with the infinitive: We were fixing to leave without you.
- The act of adjusting, correcting, or repairing.
- Informal Something that repairs or restores; a solution: no easy fix for an intractable problem.
- The position, as of a ship or aircraft, determined by visual observations with the aid of equipment.
- A clear determination or understanding: a briefing that gave us a fix on the current situation.
- An instance of arranging a special consideration, such as an exemption from a requirement, or an improper or illegal outcome, especially by means of bribery.
- A difficult or embarrassing situation; a predicament. See Synonyms at predicament.
- Slang An amount or dose of something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic.
- fix up To improve the appearance or condition of; refurbish.
- fix up To provide; equip.
- fix up Informal To provide a companion on a date for: fixed me up with an escort at the last minute.
- fix (someone's) wagon To get revenge on another.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ജ്യോതിശാസ്ത്രപരമായി സ്ഥലനിര്ണ്ണയം ചെയ്യല് - Jyothishaasthraparamaayi Sthalanirnnayam Cheyyal | Jyothishasthraparamayi Sthalanirnnayam Cheyyal ;കുഴപ്പം - Kuzhappam ;ചേർക്കുക - Cherkkuka ;തുറിച്ചുനോക്കുക - Thurichunokkuka ;തീര്ച്ചപ്പെടുത്തുക - Theerchappeduththuka | Theerchappeduthuka ;പ്രതിവിധി - Prathividhi ;