Destitute, or partially destitute, of light; not receiving, reflecting, or radiating light; wholly or partially black, or of some deep shade of color; not light-colored; as, a dark room; a dark day; dark cloth; dark paint; a dark complexion.
- Lacking or having very little light: a dark corner.
- Lacking brightness: a dark day.
- Reflecting only a small fraction of incident light.
- Of a shade tending toward black in comparison with other shades. Used of a color.
- Having a complexion that is not fair; swarthy.
- Served without milk or cream: dark coffee.
- Characterized by gloom; dismal: took a dark view of the consequences.
- Sullen or threatening: a dark scowl.
- Difficult to understand; obscure: stories that are large in scope and dark in substance.
- Concealed or secret; mysterious: "the dark mysteries of Africa and the fabled wonders of the East” ( W. Bruce Lincoln).
- Lacking enlightenment, knowledge, or culture: a dark age in the history of education.
- Exhibiting or stemming from evil characteristics or forces; sinister: "churned up dark undercurrents of ethnic and religious hostility” ( Peter Maas).
- Being or characterized by morbid or grimly satiric humor.
- Having richness or depth: a dark, melancholy vocal tone.
- Not giving performances; closed: The movie theater is dark on Mondays.
- Linguistics Pronounced with the back of the tongue raised toward the velum. Used of the sound (l) in words like full.
- Absence of light.
- A place having little or no light.
- Night; nightfall: home before dark.
- A deep hue or color.
- in the dark In secret: high-level decisions made in the dark.
- in the dark In a state of ignorance; uninformed: kept me in the dark about their plans.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദുര്മ്മാര്ഗ്ഗമായ - Dhurmmaarggamaaya | Dhurmmarggamaya ;വെളിച്ചമില്ലാത്ത - Velichamillaaththa | Velichamillatha ;തമസ്വി - Thamasvi | Thamaswi ;അഗു - Agu ;ധൂമ്ര - Dhoomra ;ഇരുൾ വീണ അവസ്ഥ - Irul Veena Avastha ;