Hidden; concealed; as, secret treasure; secret plans; a secret vow.
- Kept hidden from knowledge or view; concealed.
- Dependably discreet.
- Operating in a hidden or confidential manner: a secret agent.
- Not expressed; inward: their secret thoughts.
- Not frequented; secluded: wandered about the secret byways of Paris.
- Known or shared only by the initiated: secret rites.
- Beyond ordinary understanding; mysterious.
- Containing information, the unauthorized disclosure of which poses a grave threat to national security.
- Something kept hidden from others or known only to oneself or to a few.
- Something that remains beyond understanding or explanation; a mystery.
- A method or formula on which success is based: The secret of this dish is in the sauce.
- A variable prayer said after the Offertory and before the Preface in the Mass.