The power of the mind to reason or infer by running, as it were, from one fact or reason to another, and deriving a conclusion; an exercise or act of this power; reasoning; range of reasoning faculty.
- Verbal expression in speech or writing.
- Verbal exchange; conversation.
- A formal, lengthy discussion of a subject, either written or spoken.
- Archaic The process or power of reasoning.
- To speak or write formally and at length. See Synonyms at speak.
- To engage in conversation or discussion; converse.
- Archaic To narrate or discuss.