To utter words or articulate sounds, as human beings; to express thoughts by words; as, the organs may be so obstructed that a man may not be able to speak.
- To utter words or articulate sounds with ordinary speech modulation; talk.
- To convey thoughts, opinions, or emotions orally.
- To express oneself.
- To be on speaking terms: They are no longer speaking.
- To deliver an address or lecture: The mayor spoke at the rally.
- To make a statement in writing: The biography speaks of great loneliness.
- To act as spokesperson: spoke for the entire staff.
- To convey a message by nonverbal means: Actions speak louder than words.
- To be expressive: spoke with her eyes.
- To be appealing: His poetry speaks to one's heart.
- To make a reservation or request. Often used with for: Is this dance spoken for? I spoke for the last slice of pizza.
- To produce a characteristic sound: The drums spoke.
- To give off a sound on firing. Used of guns or cannon.
- To make communicative sounds.
- To give an indication or a suggestion: His manners spoke of good upbringing.
- To articulate in a speaking voice: spoke words of wisdom.
- To converse in or be able to converse in (a language): speaks German.
- To express aloud; tell: speak the truth.
- To express in writing.
- Nautical To hail and communicate with (another vessel) at sea.
- To convey by nonverbal means: His eyes spoke volumes.
- speak out To talk freely and fearlessly, as about a public issue.
- speak up To speak loud enough to be audible.
- speak up To speak without fear or hesitation.
- so to speak In a manner of speaking: can't see the forest for the trees, so to speak.
- speak down to To speak condescendingly to: She never spoke down to her audience.
- to speak of Worthy of mention: There's nothing new to speak of.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ബ്രുഹി - Bruhi ;ഉച്ചരിക്കുക - Ucharikkuka ;മിണ്ടുക - Minduka ;പ്രസിദ്ധമാക്കുക - Prasiddhamaakkuka | Prasidhamakkuka ;അര്ത്ഥം പകരുക - Arththam Pakaruka | Artham Pakaruka ;സംസാരിക്കുക - Samsaarikkuka | Samsarikkuka ;