To engage in combat for; to strive for.
- To consider something; deliberate.
- To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
- To engage in a formal discussion or argument. See Synonyms at discuss.
- Obsolete To fight or quarrel.
- To deliberate on; consider.
- To dispute or argue about.
- To discuss or argue (a question, for example) formally.
- Obsolete To fight or argue for or over.
- A discussion involving opposing points; an argument.
- Deliberation; consideration: passed the motion with little debate.
- A formal contest of argumentation in which two opposing teams defend and attack a given proposition.
- Obsolete Conflict; strife.