Any thick liquid or pasty preparation, as of opium for medicinal purposes, of grease for a lubricant, etc.
- Informal A narcotic, especially an addictive narcotic.
- Informal Narcotics considered as a group.
- Informal An illicit drug, especially marijuana.
- A narcotic preparation used to stimulate a racehorse.
- Informal A stupid person; a dolt.
- Informal Factual information, especially of a private nature.
- Chemistry An absorbent or adsorbent material used in certain manufacturing processes, such as the nitroglycerin used in making dynamite.
- A type of lacquer formerly used to protect, waterproof, and tauten the cloth surfaces of airplane wings.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. See cola1.
- Lower Northern U.S. Syrup or sweet sauce that is poured on ice cream.
- Informal To administer a narcotic to: was doped up for the operation.
- Informal To add a narcotic to: They doped his drink before robbing him.
- Informal To administer a performance-enhancing substance to (an athlete).
- Informal To subject (an athlete) to blood doping.
- Informal To figure out (a puzzle, for example).
- Informal To make a rough plan of: doped out our proposal on scratch paper.
- Electronics To treat (a semiconductor) with a dopant.
- Informal To take narcotics or a performance-enhancing substance.
- Informal To engage in blood doping.