A compound of gooseberries scalded and crushed, with cream; -- commonly called gooseberry fool.
- One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.
- One who acts unwisely on a given occasion: I was a fool to have quit my job.
- One who has been tricked or made to appear ridiculous; a dupe: They made a fool of me by pretending I had won.
- Informal A person with a talent or enthusiasm for a certain activity: a dancing fool; a fool for skiing.
- A member of a royal or noble household who provided entertainment, as with jokes or antics; a jester.
- One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth: a holy fool.
- A dessert made of stewed or puréed fruit mixed with cream or custard and served cold.
- Archaic A mentally deficient person; an idiot.
- To deceive or trick; dupe: "trying to learn how to fool a trout with a little bit of floating fur and feather” ( Charles Kuralt).
- To confound or prove wrong; surprise, especially pleasantly: We were sure they would fail, but they fooled us.
- Informal To speak or act facetiously or in jest; joke: I was just fooling when I said I had to leave.
- Informal To behave comically; clown.
- Informal To feign; pretend: He said he had a toothache but he was only fooling.
- To engage in idle or frivolous activity.
- To toy, tinker, or mess: shouldn't fool with matches.
- Informal Foolish; stupid: off on some fool errand or other.
- fool around Informal To engage in idle or casual activity; putter: was fooling around with the old car in hopes of fixing it.
- fool around Informal To engage in frivolous activity; make fun.
- fool around Informal To engage in casual, often promiscuous sexual acts.
- fool away To waste (time or money) foolishly; squander: fooled away the week's pay on Friday night.
- play To act in an irresponsible or foolish manner.
- play To behave in a playful or comical manner.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ബാലകന് - Baalakan | Balakan ;വിവരദോഷി - Vivaradhoshi ;ഇളിഭ്യന് - Ilibhyan ;അമസന് - Amasan ;ഏഭ്യന് - Ebhyan ;അബുധന് - Abudhan ;