Furnished with leaves; leafy; as, a foliate stalk.
- Of or relating to leaves.
- Shaped like a leaf.
- Geology Foliated.
- To hammer or cut (metal) into thin leaf or foil.
- To coat (glass, for example) with metal foil.
- To furnish or adorn with metal foil.
- To separate into thin layers or laminae.
- To decorate with foliage or foils: an arch that is foliated in the Gothic style.
- To number the leaves of (a manuscript, for example).
- To produce foliage.
- To split into thin leaflike layers or folia.