To shake or shiver as with cold; as, the hawk frills.
- A ruffled, gathered, or pleated border or projection, such as a fabric edge used to trim clothing or a curled paper strip for decorating the end of the bone of a piece of meat.
- A ruff of hair or feathers about the neck of an animal or a bird.
- A wrinkling of the edge of a photographic film.
- Informal Something that is desirable but not a necessity; a luxury. See Synonyms at luxury.
- To make into a ruffle or frill.
- To add a ruffle or frill to.
- To become wrinkled along the edge.