A boy or young man; a waiter; a servant; especially, a man or boy who has charge of horses, or the stable.
- A person employed to take care of horses or a stable.
- A bridegroom.
- One of several officers in an English royal household.
- Archaic A man.
- Archaic A male servant.
- To care for the appearance of; to make neat and trim: groomed himself carefully in front of the mirror.
- To clean and brush (an animal).
- To remove dirt and parasites from the skin, fur, or feathers of (another animal).
- To prepare, as for a specific position or purpose: groom an employee for advancement.
- Sports To prepare (a trail) for skiers, as by packing down new snow or leveling moguls.
- To care for one's appearance.