A man who has charge of a door or gate; a doorkeeper; one who waits at the door to receive messages.
- A person employed to carry burdens, especially an attendant who carries travelers' baggage at a hotel or transportation station.
- A railroad employee who waits on passengers in a sleeping car or parlor car.
- A maintenance worker for a building or institution.
- Chiefly British One in charge of a gate or door.
- A dark beer resembling light stout, made from malt browned or charred by drying at a high temperature.