Acting as an instrument; serving as a means; contributing to promote; conductive; helpful; serviceable; as, he was instrumental in conducting the business.
- Serving as a means or agency; implemental: was instrumental in solving the crime.
- Of, relating to, or accomplished with an instrument or tool.
- Music Performed on or written for an instrument.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or being the case used typically to express means, agency, or accompaniment.
- Of or relating to instrumentalism.
- Grammar The instrumental case.
- A word or form in the instrumental case.
- Music A composition for one or more instruments, usually without vocal accompaniment.