To unite, embrace, communicate with, or flow into, one another; to be connected in one system; to lock into one another; to interlace firmly.
- To unite or join closely as by hooking or dovetailing.
- To connect together (parts of a mechanism, for example) so that the individual parts affect each other in motion or operation.
- To become united or joined closely, as by hooking or dovetailing.
- A mechanical device that prevents a component from functioning when another component is functioning or situated in a particular way.
- A stretchy fabric knitted with interlocking stitches by alternating sets of needles on a circular knitting machine.