That which is devised, or formed by design; a contrivance; an invention; a project; a scheme; often, a scheme to deceive; a stratagem; an artifice.
- A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks.
- A technique or means.
- A plan or scheme, especially a malign one.
- A literary contrivance, such as parallelism or personification, used to achieve a particular effect.
- A decorative design, figure, or pattern, as one used in embroidery. See Synonyms at figure.
- A graphic symbol or motto, especially in heraldry.
- Archaic The act, state, or power of devising.
- leave to (one's) own devices To allow to do as one pleases: left the child to her own devices for an hour in the afternoon.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സൂത്രം - Soothram ;പ്രയോഗതന്ത്രം - Prayogathanthram ;ഉപായം - Upaayam | Upayam ;a mechaical device കാരുജം - a Mechaical Device Kaarujam | a Mechaical Device Karujam ; ;യുക്തി - Yukthi ;