Something which stands, or remains, to keep in remembrance what is past; a memorial.
- A structure, such as a building or sculpture, erected as a memorial.
- An inscribed marker placed at a grave; a tombstone.
- Something venerated for its enduring historic significance or association with a notable past person or thing: the architectural monuments of ancient Rome; traditions that are monuments to an earlier era.
- An outstanding enduring achievement: a translation that is a monument of scholarship.
- An exceptional example: "Thousands of them wrote texts, some of them monuments of dullness” ( Robert L. Heilbroner).
- An object, such as a post or stone, fixed in the ground so as to mark a boundary or position.
- A written document, especially a legal one.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സ്മാരകചിഹ്നം - Smaarakachihnam | Smarakachihnam ;സ്മാരകം - Smaarakam | Smarakam ;സുവ്യക്തമാതൃക - Suvyakthamaathruka | Suvyakthamathruka ;കല്ലറ - Kallara ;ലിഖിതരേഖ - Likhitharekha ;സ്മാരകക്കെട്ടിടം - Smaarakakkettidam | Smarakakkettidam ;