The point in the heavens where the sun is seen to rise at the equinox, or the corresponding point on the earth; that one of the four cardinal points of the compass which is in a direction at right angles to that of north and south, and which is toward the right hand of one who faces the north; the point directly opposite to the west.
- The cardinal point on the mariner's compass 90° clockwise from due north and directly opposite west.
- The direction of the earth's axial rotation.
- An area or region lying in the east.
- The eastern part of the earth, especially eastern Asia.
- The eastern part of a region or country.
- The region of the United States east of the Allegheny Mountains and north of the Mason-Dixon Line.
- The former Communist bloc of countries in Asia and especially in Eastern Europe.
- To, toward, of, facing, or in the east: the east bank of the river.
- Originating in or coming from the east: a cool east wind.
- In, from, or toward the east: a river flowing east.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കിഴക്ക് - Kizhakku ;കിഴക്ക് - Kizhakku ;പൂര്വ്വാ - Poorvvaa | Poorvva ;പൂര്വ്വപ്രദേശം - Poorvvapradhesham ;കിഴക്കുദിക്ക് - Kizhakkudhikku ;സൂര്യദിശ - Sooryadhisha ;