Any one of a great variety of unctuous combustible substances, not miscible with water; as, olive oil, whale oil, rock oil, etc. They are of animal, vegetable, or mineral origin and of varied composition, and they are variously used for food, for solvents, for anointing, lubrication, illumination, etc. By extension, any substance of an oily consistency; as, oil of vitriol.
- Any of numerous mineral, vegetable, and synthetic substances and animal and vegetable fats that are generally slippery, combustible, viscous, liquid or liquefiable at room temperatures, soluble in various organic solvents such as ether but not in water, and used in a great variety of products, especially lubricants and fuels.
- A petroleum derivative, such as a machine oil or lubricant.
- A substance with an oily consistency.
- Oil paint.
- A painting done in oil paint.
- Insincere flattery.
- To lubricate, supply, cover, or polish with oil.
- hand Informal To bribe: an attorney who tried to oil the judge's hand to obtain a favorable verdict.
- hand Informal To give a tip to: oiled the porter's palm.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
എണ്ണയിടുക - Ennayiduka ;എണ്ണ പുരട്ടുക - Enna Purattuka ;ഉത്സാദനം - Uthsaadhanam | Uthsadhanam ;സ്നേഹം - Sneham ;മെഴുക്ക് - Mezhukku ;കൊടുക്കുക - Kodukkuka ;