To strike gently with the fingers or hand; to stroke lightly; to tap; as, to pat a dog.
- To tap gently with the open hand or with something flat.
- To stroke lightly as a gesture of affection.
- To mold by tapping gently with the hands or a flat implement.
- To run or walk with a tapping sound.
- To hit something or against something gently or lightly.
- A light gentle stroke or tap.
- The sound made by a light stroke or tap or by light footsteps.
- A small mass shaped by or as if by patting: a pat of butter.
- pat on the back A word or gesture of praise or approval: received a pat on the back for doing a good job.
- Trite or glib; superficially complete or satisfactory: A pat answer is not going to satisfy an inquisitive audience.
- Timely or opportune.
- Suitable; fitting.
- Games Being a poker hand that is strong enough to make drawing cards unlikely to improve it.
- Informal Completely, exactly, or perfectly: They've got the system down pat. He has the lesson pat.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പലഹാരം - Palahaaram | Palaharam ;സ്നേഹത്തോടെ തലോടുക - Snehaththode Thaloduka | Snehathode Thaloduka ;സമയോചിതമായ - Samayochithamaaya | Samayochithamaya ;തടവുക - Thadavuka ;തട്ടിപ്പരത്തുക - Thattipparaththuka | Thattipparathuka ;പറ്റിയ - Pattiya ;