In Old English, a song; a strain; a canto or portion of a ballad; a passus.
- To be the proper size and shape for: These shoes fit me.
- To cause to be the proper size and shape: The tailor fitted the trousers by shortening them.
- To measure for proper size: She fitted me for a new jacket.
- To be appropriate to; suit: music that fits your mood.
- To be in conformity or agreement with: observations that fit the theory nicely.
- To make suitable; adapt: fitted the shelves for large books. See Synonyms at adapt.
- To make ready; prepare: Specialized training fitted her for the job.
- To equip; outfit: fit out a ship.
- To provide a place or time for: You can't fit any more toys in the box. The doctor can fit you in today.
- To insert or adjust so as to be properly in place: fit a handle on a door.
- To be the proper size and shape.
- To be suited; belong: doesn't fit in with these people.
- To be in harmony; agree: His good mood fit in with the joyful occasion.
- Suited, adapted, or acceptable for a given circumstance or purpose: not a fit time for flippancy.
- Appropriate; proper: Do as you see fit.
- Physically sound; healthy: keeps fit with diet and exercise.
- Biology Successfully adapted to survive and produce viable offspring in a particular environment.
- The state, quality, or way of being fitted: the proper fit of means to ends.
- The manner in which clothing fits: a jacket with a tight fit.
- The degree of precision with which surfaces are adjusted or adapted to each other in a machine or collection of parts.
- fit to be tied Roused to great anger or indignation; outraged.
- fit to kill Slang To an extreme or elaborate degree: dressed up fit to kill.
- Medicine A seizure or convulsion, especially one caused by epilepsy.
- Medicine The sudden appearance of a symptom such as coughing or sneezing.
- A sudden outburst of emotion: a fit of jealousy.
- A sudden period of vigorous activity.
- by With irregular intervals of action and inaction; intermittently.
- Archaic A section of a poem or ballad.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പെട്ടെന്നുള്ള രോഗാക്രമണം - Pettennulla Rogaakramanam | Pettennulla Rogakramanam ;അനുയോജ്യമാക്കുക - Anuyojyamaakkuka | Anuyojyamakkuka ;ഉറപ്പിക്കുക - Urappikkuka ;ഉചിതമായ - Uchithamaaya | Uchithamaya ;ആരോഗ്യമുള്ള - Aarogyamulla | arogyamulla ;വച്ചുകെട്ടുക - Vachukettuka ;