To make new again; to restore to freshness, perfection, or vigor; to give new life to; to rejuvenate; to re&?;stablish; to recreate; to rebuild.
- To make new or as if new again; restore: renewed the antique chair.
- To take up again; resume: renew an old friendship; renewed the argument.
- To repeat so as to reaffirm: renew a promise.
- To regain or restore the physical or mental vigor of; revive: I renewed my spirits in the country air.
- To arrange for the extension of: renew a contract; renew a magazine subscription.
- To arrange to extend the loan of: renewed the library books before they were overdue.
- To replenish: renewed the water in the humidifier.
- To bring into being again; reestablish.
- To become new again.
- To start over.